May 6, 2020
Field House Family –
The impact of COVID-19 in our community has been difficult for us all. Amid the uncertainty, our Management team is steadfast in our commitment to providing a safe environment for our guests to stay active and play sports.
As eager as we are to reopen, we are equally as determined to do so in a responsible and safe manner. The Fredericksburg Field House will adopt a phased approach to reopen as outlined below.
Please note, dates are subject to change based on State mandates and CDC recommendations. We will remain in compliance, implement these recommendations, and keep you updated throughout the process. Your feedback and ideas are welcomed and encouraged. To fill out our quick customer survey please click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z659RRM.
Phase 1: (In compliance with VA reopen guidelines, limit of 10 people per designated play area, social distancing measures in place)
- Open for Outdoor Drop-Ins only while following social distancing measures on Tuesday, May 26, limited hours (12:00P – 8:00P).
- Summer Camp will begin on June 1 (increased sanitation measures and heightened cleaning practices). Please fill out this survey to provide feedback and interest level in Summer Camp: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YR6JNSB
- No indoor play during Phase 1
- Concessions closed
- Daily field sanitation
Phase 2: (In compliance with VA reopen guidelines, limit of 50 people per designated play area, social distancing measures in place)
- Adult Leagues resume June 15 with staggered game times to reduce the number of guests in the facility. Games will be moved to the outdoor field when possible.
- No Spectators permitted, only players
- Limited concessions: Grab’n’Go only, adherence to social distancing in lobby area thru June 22
- Youth Leagues & Programs resume June 22 with staggered game/class times to reduce the number of guests in the facility. Games/Classes will be moved to the outdoor field when possible.
- 1 spectator per youth player. We understand this is difficult and assure you this will not be permanent.
- June 22 // Kitchen & Grab n go open, continue to promote social distancing within the facility.
Phase 3: (State gathering restrictions lifted)
- Spectator limit lifted July 20
- Resume parties and rentals of over 50 people
- Continue to promote social distancing and increased sanitation measures in the facility.
We have taken the following steps to increase safety at the Field House:
- Deep clean of building to include sanitation of all surfaces this includes, walls, floors, counters, tables, and seating areas
- New sanitation dispensers have been installed throughout the facility. All guests are asked to sanitize upon entering the facility.
- Designated point of entry & exit to limit group size in contained areas.
- Seating on bleachers, chairs, and in the lobby will be 6ft apart and designated throughout the facility.
- Plexiglass installed at Front Desk and Concession Counter
- During operation, surfaces will be sanitized every 30 minutes.
In addition to safety measures, we have also taken this time to upgrade other areas in the building.
- New turf installed on Mary Washington Field
- HVAC system repaired and operating at optimal capacity
- Parking lot repaired
- Paint and floor scrubbing throughout the building
- Replaced flooring in Camp Room to reduce allergens
- Outdoor field goal replacement
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support as we navigate these unchartered waters together. And remember, “Be strong, you never know who you are inspiring” – Mel Robbins.